WPEngine, Inc. WordCamp US 2016 Trip Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: WPEngine, Inc. is offering a social media-based giveaway (the “Promotion”). The Promotion consists of a giveaway wherein participants share their stories about WordPress for a chance to win a sponsored trip to WordCamp US 2016. The Promotion is open only to those who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry and excludes Employees, and their relatives, of WPEngine, Inc. (“Main Sponsor”, “Administrator”). Void where prohibited.
- Timing: The Promotion begins on July 16 at 12:01 A.M. and ends on July 28 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, participants must submit a story via webform sharing how WordPress has changed their lives. You agree to disclose that any endorsement/testimonial on behalf of WPEngine, Inc. resulted from your participation in the Promotion. You will be entered to win the prize so long as you agree to these terms. Each participant is eligible to submit unlimited entries during the Promotion Period.
- Drawing: WPEngine, Inc. is acting as the Administrator and will be making, within its sole and absolute discretion, decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion, which are subject to change, and the selection of a winner, all of which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The Prize will be awarded at random from among the eligible entries.
- Termination: Main Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend the Promotion at any time, for any reason, with notice.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified or refused by the winner for any reason, Main Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries. All alternate potential winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Prize: GRAND PRIZE: There will be 1 prize (“Prize”) awarded. The Prize winner (“Prize Winner”) will receive a paid trip to WordCamp US 2016 valued at $1,500.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Main Sponsor’s sole discretion. Main Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN THE PROMOTION: $1,500.
- Release: By receipt of the Prize, Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless WPEngine, Inc. and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Main Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Main Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Main Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Main Sponsor or Administrator in its sole discretion. Main Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unlawful, the remainder the Official Rules shall be unaffected and remain enforceable.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Main Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Main Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action (exclusive of Grand Prize Claims defined below) arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in Austin, Texas and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Mail-In Entry: To enter the Promotion by mail, hand print your name, address, phone number, and age on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “WPEngine, Inc. Social Team” 504 Lavaca Street, Suite 1000, Austin, TX, 78701. For each mailed-in entry, you will receive 1 entry into the Promotion. Limit: 1 entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten, become the exclusive property of Main Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. All mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by the dates set forth in the Promotion Period.
- Winners’ List: To receive a list of the winner(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: WPEngine, Inc. – Winners’ List, Attn: Legal, 504 Lavaca St., Suite 1000, Austin, Texas 78701, within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Promotion Period.
- Main Sponsor, Administrator and Grand Prize Provider: WPEngine, Inc.
By accepting the Prize, You agree that these terms have been read and fully understood and have been explained to You.