This is one of the best times to do some quality writing as you may have an extended period of time off and some clarity of mind during this break and holiday season.
We want to not just be a source of news and information surrounding WordPress – we want to inspire more people to publish online, publish more consistently, help create their own personal or professional brands, or to assist in generating great content for those that need it most.
As such we’re going to start creating challenges for our community here to contribute to your motivation to write.
Here is our first challenge and five things that would be great to write about before the new year:
- Year in Review – Many people do this but just as many people don’t. I understand because it can be an incredibly daunting task. What you need to do is to focus and silo your learnings perhaps into categories and or buckets. In other words, simplify and specify. Do your “Year in Review” related to your professional life, or one particular project.
- Goals for 2013 – I cannot tell you how powerful goal setting is as a mechanic for your personal and professional life. Make a post of things you hope to accomplish in 2013 and then tell people about it. We’ve already written about a few of our goals for 2013 related to WP Daily.
- Big Failure / Big Success – Share your thoughts on one big failure of 2012 and/or one big success and what you learned from it. The past tends to (and will) repeat itself unless you learn from both the things that worked and the things that did not.
- What You Will Stop Doing – This could be very much related to #2 but it can be incredibly helpful to focus in on the things that you need to stop doing so that you might provide room for the things that you hope to accomplish.
- Picture Blog of 2012 – I’ve seen this done a few times and can be the perfect thing to do for those who have documented their 2012 via pictures (like via Instagram). Curate it a bit and share with the world, in pictures, what 2012 looked like (literally).
Share your posts in the comments. Hope to see you do it!