Akismet has released their 2.5.7 release which is more of a maintenance release fixing minor bugs and including security enhancements. A few of these changes are:
- Fix a bug displaying the Stats page in some versions of FireFox
- Fix mshots previews when using https
- Add .htaccess to block direct access to files
- Prevent some PHP notices
- Fix Check For Spam return location when referrer is empty
- Fix Settings links for network admins
- Prevent some prepare() warnings in WordPress 3.5
This version now requires that you have WordPress 3.0 or higher – I’m not sure how many blogs are running less than the 3.0 version but I’d have to imagine that there are a lot – a lot of abandoned sites, cloned/hacked sites, and more.
We’re using Akisment on WP Daily and have already had 4 spams. Yay.
Update via your plugin panel or manually here.