Yesterday Jane Wells created a call-to-action to help create a native Twitter importer for archived tweets, a new feature that Twitter is releasing that is helping to support their growing “more open” strategy.
***Note*** This won’t be in core, this will be as a plugin as the other importers have been. Clarified!
The roll-out of downloading your archived tweets is still pending for many users and you’ll get an invite via your email to know that the feature is active – I have yet to get one personally but can’t wait to download my nearly 40,000 tweets – I’m not sure what I’d do with it but the possibilities of all that data are immense.
And, obviously for those that are super-fans of microblogging and providing some searchable content on their blog a Twitter importer would be a fantastic edition.
A few thoughts (and dreams) on how I’d love to see it developed out in plugin:
- Ability to choose date range for import.
- Be able to filter out particular tweets (like RTs, Foursquare, YouTube, etc.) on the import.
- Ability to choose just text-based tweets and/or image tweets / media tweets.
- Filtering for particular users.
- Ability to choose to import to a particular post-type and/or format.
- Categorization for import.
- Adding global meta data for import
Blah blah blah. I know that most of these won’t make it in and perhaps I’ll offer some support in idea-generation, etc. This is going to be a great option for a plugin like the other previous importers!
Join the conversation