WooThemes has announced their release of Beta 1 for WooCommerce, their free plugin that is being widely adopted for many individuals and businesses.
We’ve been using it and it does a great job of creating that simple eCommerce experience and checkout – we hope to use it more this coming year, especially with some of the new updates and features they plan on releasing for the next big update.
Coen Jacobs, who helps lead that team, shares a few thoughts on some of the new things that customers and bloggers can expect:
- Working with Sucuri Security to make sure code is up to snuff.
- New option to hold stock for unpaid orders. When the time limit is reached, and the order is not paid for, stock is released and the order is cancelled.
- New options for individual transaction emails with template editor, so it is easier to change the text of your emails.
- Added option to resend order emails, which has been requested a lot and is now finally becoming available.
- “On Sale”, “Best Selling” and “Top Rated” shortcodes have been added to showcase your top products.
A full list of all the new features can be found on github repo.
It’s been very interesting to watch WooThemes make their way into the plugin marketplace and choose a plugin that makes a lot of sense to accompany their many WordPress Themes – I’d say it was a smart move to focus on this particular niche and market and it’s one that will continue to serve them very well.
Make sure that you know what you’re doing if you venture into the Beta 1 and also feel free to report any issues that you find to the team. Well done guys!