It’s now even easier to browser the incredible collection of WordPress plugins that are available to VIP customer as well as self-hosted users of WordPress.
This curated list of plugins help some of the larger WordPress installations stay engaged with their community with neat features, functionalities, and value.
The obvious incentive for you to use some of these plugins is the confidence that comes with knowing that they were produced, developed, and released in part by Automattic themselves (or highly endorsed and audited) for their paid customers.
That confidence alone puts these plugins on the top of the list as being powerful, effective, and trustworthy. That’s a big deal and differentiator in a sea of plugins that may provide similar features and functionalities but may not be from as trustworthy a source.
Here’s the entire list as provided by the directory, organized in alphabetical order:
- Ad Code Manager – Manage your ad codes through the WordPress admin in a safe and easy way.
- Add Meta Tags Mod – Adds the Description and Keywords XHTML META tags to your blog’s front page and to each one of the posts, static pages and category archives.
- Advanced Blacklist – Plugin to improve blacklist functionality by allowing the banning of more specific terms.
- Advanced Excerpt – Several improvements over WP’s default excerpt. The size of the excerpt can be limited using character or word count, and HTML markup is not removed.
- AJAX Comment Loading – Loads comment threads asynchronously. Makes for smaller, faster pages.
- AJAX Comment Preview -Click Button Coment Preview which filters content through WordPress filters.
- Art Direction Redux – Per-post styles for new age art direction.
- AYS Publish – When publishing a post, a prompt will pop up to confirm that you actually meant to publish the post.
- Bit.ly – Uses bit.ly API to get shortened url for a post on publish and saves url as meta data. Based on TIME.com’s Bit.ly plugin.
- Blimply – Blimply will allow you to send push notifications to your mobile users utilizing Urban Airship API.
- Breadcrumb NavXT – Adds a breadcrumb navigation showing the visitor’s path to their current location.
- Breadcrumb NavXT – Administration Interface – Adds a breadcrumb navigation showing the visitor’s path to their current location. This enables the administrative interface for specifying the output of the breadcrumb trail.
- Breadcrumb NavXT – Core – Adds a breadcrumb navigation showing the visitor’s path to their current location. This plug-in provides direct access to the bcn_breadcrumb_trail class without using the administrative interface.
- Brightcove Video Cloud – An easy to use plugin that inserts Brightcove Video into your WordPress site.
- Byline – Very simple plugin to add bylines to posts.
- Cache Nav Menus – Allows Core Nave Menus to be cached using WP.com’s Advanced Post Cache
- Category Posts Widget – Adds a widget that can display a specified number of posts from a single category. Can also set how many widgets to show.
- Chartbeat – Real-time data for big-time publishers.
- CheezTest – A class to help you create new Batcache-compatible server-side A/B tests
- Co-Authors Plus – Assign multiple bylines to posts, pages, and custom post types via a search-as-you-type input box.
- Column Shortcodes – Adds shortcodes to easily create columns in your posts or pages.
- Disable Comment Querying – Disables comments queries for s performance boost when using an external comment system like Disqus or ID
- Document Feedback – Close the loop — get feedback from readers on the documentation you write.
- Dynamic Content Gallery – Creates a dynamic content gallery anywhere within your wordpress theme using SmoothGallery.
- Easy Custom Fields – A set of extendable classes for easy Custom Field Handling
- Edit Flow – Redefining your editorial workflow.
- Editorize – Give non-editor users the ability to edit posts.
- External Links in a New Window – Searches the text for links outside of the domain of the blog. To these, it adds target=”_blank”.
- External Permalinks Redux – Allows users to point WordPress objects (posts, pages, custom post types) to a URL of your choosing.
- Facebook – Make your WordPress site social in a couple of clicks, powered by Facebook.
- Flag Comments – Flag comments for moderator action.
- Formategory – Formats posts based on their category.
- Frame Buster – The frame buster plugin for WordPress will thwart any attempt to load your site in a frame.
- Google Calendar Events – Parses Google Calendar feeds and displays the events as a calendar grid or list on a page, post or widget.
- History Bar – Keeps track of recently viewed posts and lists them in the help tab for easy access.
- IntenseDebate Comments – IntenseDebate comments enhance and encourage conversation on your blog. Build your reader community, increase your comments, & boost pageviews.
- JSON Feed – Feeds for you, in JSON.
- Kimili Flash Embed – Provides an easy way to embed any Flash file using SWFObject.
- Lazy Load – Lazy load images to improve page load times and server bandwidth. Images are loaded only when visible to the user.
- Livefyre – Replace comments with live conversations connected to the social web.
- MCE Table Buttons – Adds table editing buttons to a new, third row in the WordPress WYSIWYG editor.
- MediaPass Subscriptions – Monetize your content with recurring subscriptions made easy.
- NBCS Advanced Blacklist – Ban specific terms in comments.
- Ooyala – Upload, Search and Publish High Quality Video Across All Screens powered by Ooyala.
- PMC Post Savior – Never get unexpectedly logged out when saving a post again.
- Post Author Box – A supremely customizable way to add information about the author at the top or bottom of a post, page, or other view.
- PostRelease – Sponsored posts made easy to deploy and manage.
- Safe Redirect Manager – Safely and easily manage your website’s HTTP redirects.
- Safe Report Comments – Let your readers report a comment as inappropriate.
- SEO Auto Linker – SEO Auto Linker allows you to automagically add links into your content. Great for internal linking!
- SocialFlow – Get more readers and traffic from Twitter & Facebook with SocialFlow Optimized Publisher™.
- Table of Contents – Adds a table of contents to your pages based on h3 and h4 tags. Useful for documention-centric sites.
- Taxonomy List Widget – Creates a list (bulleted, number, or custom) of non-hierarchical taxonomies as an alternative to the term (tag) cloud.
- Term Management Tools – Allows you to merge terms, set term parents in bulk, and swap term taxonomies.
- Uppsite – Create fully automated mobile applications in 2 minutes for free.
- View All Posts Pages – Provides a “view all” (single page) option for content paged using WordPress’ Quicktag (multipage posts).
- WordPress.com Allow Contributors to Upload – Allow Contributors to upload to your WordPress.com site.
- WP Frontend Uploader – This plugin allows your visitors to upload User Generated Content.
- WP Google Analytics – Use Google Analytics to track your site statistics.
- WP Help – Easily create customized documentation for your website, viewable from your WordPress dashboard.
- WP Large Options – Allows larger options to be stored in custom post type.
- WP Page Numbers – A simple paging navigation plugin for users and search engines.
- WP Pagenavi – Adds a more advanced paging navigation interface.
- WP-Paginate – Show pages numbers instead of “Next Page” and “Previous Page” in posts and comments.
- WP.com Geo Uniques – Batcache-friendly way to handle geo-targetting of users at a country level. Relies on WP.com-specific functions but will work with WP_DEBUG === true.
- Zone Manager (Zoninator) – Curation made easy! Create “zones” then add and order your content!
Do you use any of these great plugins? Which ones?
Join the conversation