WooThemes took a look into the future for 2013 and shared what they believe will be up for them this year as well as what you can begin to expect.
Adii starts by admitting some of the challenges they had last year as well as some of the things they did poorly:
As I said late last year, we screwed up and we’re sorry about that. 2012 has however created a bigger, better & stronger WooTeam & WooThemes and we’re hoping to carry that momentum into this year.
… From our side, we commit to be brutally honest and totally transparent with you at all times. We want you to not just be customers within our business, but an integral part of our strategic, management & operational teams.
I personally love this level of honesty and transparency. WooThemes is one of the largest WordPress theme providers out there and their leadership in this department is telling. They could always play one of the “big fish” cards but they don’t and that’s admirable and worth emulating.
So what can you expect in the year of 2013? Here’s the quick TL;DR break-down:
- Better Support Experience – This is their #1 priority for 2013.
- New Documentation Platform – A consolidation effort of massive proportions!
- More Themes – This is a no-brainer!
- WooCommerce 2.0 – Sorry to put any pressure on you Coen Jacobs but I am expecting big things this year! We use WooCommerce here at WP Daily and 8BIT and we love it; it can only get better!
- More Free Plugins – In addition to more free plugins they will introduce even better collaboration with the community to extend them.
Exciting! Here’s to a great year for WooThemes and I can’t wait to see how they execute against their big list of To-Dos!
Join the conversation