I recently came across a new website that offers interesting reviews of popular web hosts. The reason I think it’s interesting is because the website doesn’t use personal opinions about the hosting companies. In fact, it claims to be a no-nonsense guide to the best web hosting.
The website actually uses data from a variety of sources to determine what the best web hosting company is out there. Mind you, it really only covers shared hosting services, so there aren’t any WordPress managed hosting providers listed explicitly.
But the criteria it uses includes:
- Webhosting.info statistics
- Opensiteexplorer.org data
- Alexa statistics
- Twitter pages
- Twittercounter statistics
- Facebook pages
- Google Trends data
- Webhostinggeeks reviews
- Better business bureau ratings
To my surprise, here are the top five web hosts listed on the site.
- Bluehost with a score of 88.7%
- GoDaddy with a score of 84.4%
- Hostgator with a score of 84.4%
- SiteGround with a score of 67.8%
- Arvixe with a score of 66.8%
Some of the sites in the list I have never heard of, but maybe you have. I recommend checking it out, as it’s a refreshing way of looking at what’s out there for hosting WordPress websites.
Is this legit? Is this something that you’d trust for you and perhaps even your clients?