We’re fans of great products and one product that we think is definitely great is Gravity Forms, which has just seen their 1.7 release. We use their system here on this blog and it’s worked without problem since day #1.
This major release is significant in that introduces a number of large changes to the admin and a complete overhaul of the confirmation and notification functionality.
We did an update this morning without a hitch and I began looking at some of the changes that are now fresh before my eyes!
Apparently much of the new additions are noticeable later as you walk through the plugin, although I was greeted with a new modal pop-up when I wanted to create a new form:
And of course, there is a new Form Settings area to boot:
Also, with the form notifications, you’ll see a new look as well:
For the full feature list of additions you can find it below:
- Added new Form Settings admin tool.
- Added new Notifications admin tool within Form Settings.
- Added new Confirmations admin tool within Form Settings.
- Added New Form dialog for creating New Forms.
- Added support for WP Editor merge tag icons and applied to the Notification message textarea.
- Added gform_entry_post_save filter to allow entries to be filtered after being saved.
- Added mt-prepopulate class to “Default Value” setting on form field Advanced tab so the Merge Tag drop down does not include form fields.
- Added gform_admin_pre_render hook to notifications edit page.
- Added language attributes to the preview page’s html tag.
- Added div wrapper element with class name gf_submission_limit_message to submission limit message so it can be styled more easily.
- Added improved right to left (RTL) language support for the admin, preview page and front end.
- Added Gravity Forms specific classes to the dashboard widget to allow user styling.
There were a number of bug-fixes as well and some elements removed as the product continues to mature. Please note that if you’re a developer then there have been some significant changes that you’ll want to take note of:
Developer Notice: Due to the extensive changes made to Gravity Forms v1.7 and the major enhancements to Form Settings, Notifications and Confirmations, this introduces significant changes to how customizations are implemented with these features.
We have posted a complete rundown of how Gravity Forms v1.7 will impact developers and what you should know in order to make your customizations Gravity Forms v1.7 compatible. You can find that information here.
Well done guys and keep up the good work!
Oh, and by the way, it’s not like they are stopping just here, they even announced their Gravity Survey Form Add On v1.0 into Beta.
Do these guys even sleep?