You hear it all the time:
I love WordPress!
I love everything about WordPress!
WordPress is so awesome that I’m falling in love with it!
You heard it yesterday perhaps. Today even. You’ve said it yourself, right. For the most part it is just small talk so nobody really loves WordPress.
Or could someone really love WordPress?
Stranger things have happened before.
People can fall in love with objects and even get married with Eiffel Tower. So why not you could end up loving with a bunch of code.
But how can you tell have you really fallen in love with WordPress? What about these…
- You still remember your first date with WordPress. It was back in 2009 and you smiled when you published your first post. It felt good and you wanted your best friends know about it right away.
- You started to hang out more often and you hit the publish button with full of excitement.
- But after a while writing posts wasn’t enough for you. You wanted to know more about WordPress. Where is it coming from, where is it going.
- You found out that WordPress was flexible, spoke many languages and had a lot of friends. Not bad, social and intelligent. I’m starting to like it already!
- You were afraid of the next step. You wanted to give back to WordPress. You started to write your first plugin or theme. You were afraid if WordPress ever wanted or needed your code. After all it wasn’t that good anyway.
- Things are getting more serious. You don’t hang out with other platforms anymore and spend more and more time with WordPress.
- You quit your day job or switch to a job that you can be with WordPress all day long.
- You tweet about WordPress a lot saying sweet things about it.
- You feel bad if someone is saying bad things about it.
- You have a little crush on Ghost. “It’s only natural in a long relationship“, you’re convincing yourself and most certainly WordPress understands. It is so awesome!
- At this point you’re basically living together. You spend time with WordPress also weekends and evenings.
- When you really want to take off your routine, you’ll book a flight to a WordCamp.
- You wear a WordPress T-shirt.
- You’re telling everybody that you love WordPress! It is awesome! And it is loving you back!
I could go on and on with the list but I think you got the point. Now, I definitely want to hear more reasons why do you love WordPress?
And don’t give me boring answers like I just published a new widget plugin. More like we just had our first child – Simple SEO Love Plugin.