The folks behind Sensei announced their latest version, 1.3.0 today, bringing with it lots of neat new features, like multiple choice questions and quiz grading.
If you’re not familiar with Sensei, it’s a neat little plugin that makes online teaching and assessments very easy with WordPress. Its focus is ease of use and simplicity, and because of that, it integrates seamlessly with any theme and other plugins you might already be using on your site.
The use cases are endless, allowing anyone to monetize teaching a skill they have and then quiz students on what they’ve learned.
Version 1.3.0 brings along some great updates, like Question Types, giving facilitators more options in how to test their student’s knowledge. Question types now available include:
- Multiple Choice – Students select one answer from given options.
- True/False – Is the statement given “true”, or “false”?
- Gap Fill – Display a sentence with a missing word. Have students fill in the word.
- Essay Paste – Enable students to paste in an essay.
- Multi-Line – A text-based answer, spanning multiple lines (a paragraph).
- Single-Line – A short, text-based answer.
Along with these new question types, there is a new grading feature introduced in the admin, allowing for automatic grading or manual grading by a teacher. Obviously some of these new question types will require manual grading, making it a great option for certain situations.
If you’re looking for a way to test your student’s knowledge with an easy to use, online tool, check out Sensei. The features are well suited for getting up and running quickly so that you can focus on the most important piece of the puzzle, learning!