An email was sent out by Jen Mylo who’s helping to organize the killer WordPress 10th Anniversary Party(ies) that are being coming in a short 10 days!
It appears that not only is there going to be a killer #WP10 website, as shared by Jen and David Bisset where they are going to pull in extracting images and tweets and instagram posts that use the #WP10 hashtag during the event and display them live on the site.
You can see David’s GitHub repo for more information if you’d like to contribute and help out. The design of the site isn’t completed yet and Jen is apparently reaching out to potential designers right now and it should be awesome!
Full email from Jen below – especially take note of the fact that you NEED to get her your contact info if your event is going to scale beyond 50 people so you can get that sweet WP10 SWAG!
Hi there, 10th anniversary party planners! We’re going to be sending out some special stickers to parties with more than 50 RSVPstomorrow. Some things:
– We are basing the numbers on RSVPs at http://www.meetup.com/WordPress. If people have RSPVPed via your normal meetup group site, please have them RSVP here as well. Shoot me an email if the number are disparate and you want me to know how many people you expect. Include a link to your regular group site.
– Our stickers were printed late, so we don’t have the kind of lead time we’d have liked. Very short shipping time, which means non-US/Canada addresses might be tough to get to in time. If you are outside these countries, it might be easier to have stickers printed locally. If you’re interested in doing that, let me know and I can get you the sticker art.
– I will need your real name and shipping address if we are sending you stuff. Note: We can also send stickers (for outside the US/Canada if you don’t want to have some printed locally) to arrive after the event that you can give away at your regular meetup.
– We’re setting up a website where your party attendees will be able to upload photos from your event. We’ll email everyone who RSVPs at http://www.meetup.com/WordPress/your-party with instructions on how to access that as the event gets closer.
– It’s fine to have more than one party in a city. If you think you are going to max out the capacity for the venue you’ve chosen, see if anyone in your meetup group wants to spearhead a second party.
That’s about it for now. Please reply with the shipping name/address as soon as possible if you would like me to send you wp10 stickers for your party. Include your email address in your note, too, so I can let you know when they have gone out, and include a phone number because the shipping people require it.
I can’t wait for us to rock ours out here in Atlanta at the WP Daily offices! Will we see you here?
Join the conversation