Jeff Chandler writer for WPTavern.com. Chandler can be found at wptavern.com and on Twitter at @WPTavern.
How the host got started in WordPress
Jeff was into gaming and was helping create a clan base site. He was introduced into a CMS, Postnook. From there, he learned about PHP Nuke. Over the years he got involved with Mombo. In 2007, he started up a website to review all the web 2.0 sites and services. I started jeffro2pt0.com. When he was looking to power it, he ended up choosing WordPress.
What they are sipping?
- Dre: San Diego’s Stone Pale Ale
- Brad: Blueberry Vodka and Club Soda, Blub Soda
- Jeff: Mike’s hard smashed apple cider
- WP Tavern purchased. Many from the WordPress community were interested in purchasing the site. Jeff got in contact with Matt Mullenweg, and Matt purchased WPTavern for $14,000. Jeff now is an employee at Audrey Capital.
- Do not buy WordPress themes that bundle premium plugins. When buying a theme with a premium plugin, customer don’t realize they are not getting the support of the premium plugin with updates. The bundle needs to be supported by both vendors.
- How To Adopt A Plugin Or Put It Up For Adoption There is a proper way to retire plugins.
- Dre – FuneralPress is an online website obituary management and guest book program for funeral homes and cemeteries, FuneralPress allows funeral and cemetery owners to display online obituaries and guestbooks on their website and allow loved ones to register on their site and post moderated guestbook comments.
- Brad – WP Job Manager was released by Mike Jolley. A plugin for job boards.
- Jeff- WPHierarchy an interactive view of the WordPress Template system. Designed by Michelle Schulp and coded by Rami Abraham, each template section is linked to its corresponding Codex article making it easy to learn more about what that specific template part does.
WordCamp San Francisco – Jul 26-28
WordCamp Europe – October 5th-7th
PressNomics 2 Announced – October 17-19
Pressing topics is Brought to you by Maintainn.
Today’s show is brought to you by Gravity Forms.
Start the conversation