Siobhan McKeown can be found at siobhanmckeown.com.
How the Siobhan got started in WordPress
Siobhan setup a WordPress blog to do some freelance writing. Then James Farmer was looking for someone to write about WordPress. She wrote there for a year and a half.
What they are sipping?
- Brad – Water
- Dre – hefeweizen by Pyramid
- Siobhan – Allagash, gin and tonic
- WordCamp San Francisco Recap (the who’s who of WordPress). The first day was geared toward themers, and the second day was more for plugin designers. A few things to note from WordCamp San Francisco:
- 18.9% of the internet runs on WordPress!
- History of WordPress – the book – https://github.com/WordPress/book
- State of the Word Topics:
- WordPress 3.7 and 3.8 dev cycles – Both will launch before the end of the year.
- Twenty Fourteen http://twentyfourteendemo.wordpress.com/
- WP Engine purchased WP Daily and launched Torque at WordCamp San Francisco.
- Dre – Participad enables real-time, collaborative editing on WordPress content. Co-write and co-edit content, totally synchronously, and watch as the other people’s text appears instantly on the screen.
- Brad – Issuepress a plugin by Lift that integrates WordPress with GitHub.
- Siobhan – WordPress users giving up their house and traveling the world. http://get-transient.com
WordCamp Los Angeles – Sep 21-22
WordCamp Europe – October 5th-7th
PressNomics 2 Announced – October 17-19
Gravity Forms sponsored this week’s show.
WPSessions.com sponsored this week’s Pressing Topics.
Start the conversation