Brian Krogsgard is a WordPress developer in Birmingham, Alabama. Krogsgard the owner of Poststat.us a curated WordPress news platform.
How the Matt got started in WordPress
Brian found out about WordPress in 2008. In 2010, he came back to WordPress when he realized he enjoyed making websites and began writing for WP Candy. He spent a year learning and writing while making sites for friends and families.
What they are sipping?
- Brad – Chub Soda. Cherry Vodka and Club soda
- Dre – Water
- Brian – Dale’s Pale Ale
- WordPress 3.6 Oscar released. Oscar includes a beautiful new blog-centric theme, bullet-proof autosave and post locking, a revamped revision browser, native support for audio and video embeds, and improved integrations with Spotify, Rdio, and SoundCloud.
- WooCommerce is overhauling their policies. They have increased prices and dropped unlimited tier. Support and updates are now capped at one year. After initial announcement, they are now grandfathering unlimited and lifetime users into the new policy.
- WPAvengers launched last week as an anonymous group of developers to bring a product to market in response to WooThemes changing their policy. By paying for a membership, you will have access to 36 different plugins.
- Matt Mullenweg was on Reddit’s “Ask Me Anything.” Highlights of the interview can be found on WP Tavern.
- WordPress 3.7 to include automatic minor upgrades that happen in the background. Minor updates can happen quickly. Major updates will still have to be manual.
- Dre – Search WP wants to be your finely tuned WordPress Search tool.
- Brad – Sane Widget Sidebar Management. It pulls all sidebars into a drop bar. Drag and drop.
- Brian – Theme Foundry’s Collections a backbone powered theme. Ajax-y.
WordCamp LAX – September 21-22
WordCamp Europe – October 5-7
Pressnomics2 – October 17-19th
WordCamp Birmingham – August 24-24
Gravity Forms sponsored the show.
Reaktiv Studios sponsored this week’s Pressing Topics
Start the conversation