How the Matt got started in WordPress
Matt was a product manager for a local ISP. They purchased a WebDev company that was a Drupal shop. He took over the support team. Commandeered the Drupal team. They moved into WordPress. Matt left the company and started a company with my father.
What they are sipping?
- Brad – Chub soda, cherry vodka and club soda
- Dre – Big ole’ bucket of water
- Matt – Linenkugle summer shandy
- WordPress.com introduces WordPress.com Connect. Allows users to login to other websites and apps with their own credentials.
- ManageWP launches a news app. It has launched but is not public yet. WordPress News App.
- WPCandy news outlet appears to have been sold, but it has not been.
- Open letter to the NextGen Community about the issues with the 2.0.0 release. The letter addresses what they are doing to address the problems with the release.
- WordPress 3.7 and 3.8 roadmaps starting to take shape. Both 3.7 and 3.8 will happen before the end of 2014.
- Brad – Widget revamp for the admin. Working on Light bar to make working the widget area of WordPress admin is simpler. WebDevStudios Blog Post
- Matt – Sublpress…Use to draft blog posts into WordPress. Barenaked text editor
- Dre – Shameless plug of the week, take a preventive stance to security with virtual patching provided with Cloud Proxy. It has now been released to the general public.