The guest host of Episode #26 was Noel Tock.
What were they sippin’ on?
- Noel was sippin’ on a Appenzeller Holzfass Bier
- Brad a Chub Soda
- Dre a water with a pink straw
How did the Noel get into WordPress?
Noel did his first website back in 1995, then went into finance. When building a website for a friend’s pub, he choose WordPress and after his first sale he realized that this was what he wanted to do. He is now a Partner at Human Made, a top tier WordPress agency (and VIP Partner). As Chief Product Officer, he oversees the product portfolio and acts as liaison for the Swiss client market. Find Noel Tock on Twitter.
Pressing Topics of the Week
- WordCamp Europe recap, October 5th-7th.
- PressNomics 2 recap, October 17-19.
- WP Engine rebrands, does this indicate a different level of maturity?
- ManageWP.org officially launches an aggregated news source. Might have been smart to have a totally separate domain.
- The new WP Remote launches, including a premium option, automatic updates, and more. The API presented is the full API.
- WordPress 3.7 coming soon. Biggest thing people need to know—automatic updates, which is really important for security.
- Dre’s bar trick is Sidekick for WordPress from WPUniversity.
- Brad’s bar trick is Appresser. Giving you the power to make native apps through WordPress.
- Noel’s bar trick is Design Jargon Bullshit.
- Wordsesh 2! December 6-7, 2013. Free 24 hours of WordPress presentations that you can watch in your pajamas.
- WordCamp Las Vegas. December 14-15, 2013.
- WordCamp Norway, January 26, 2014.