What were they sippin’ on?
- Robert Neu was drinking a Fat Tyre
- Brad a Grand Cru
- Dre a Corona.
How did the Robert get into WordPress?
Robert started out in freelance, building sites. He tried Drupal, Joomla, Open Cart, and eventually realized WordPress made him the least angry. While Robert started as a developer, he later transitioned to focusing on SEO and internet marketing. He continues with this focus through his company FAT Media.
Pressing Topics of the Week
- Crowd Favorite was acquired by VeloMedia. This is showing the maturity in the WordPress community and is exciting.
- ZippyKid has changed its name to Pressable. It was agreed that this was a good move.
- The WordPress Twenty Fourteen Theme is out in the wild. Looking very much like it will be available in WordPress 3.8. Can use it as it stands today on WordPress.com. Not your regular WordPress look and feel.
- WordPress.com is adding support for Markdown, is Tiny MCE on its way out? Don’t think there will ever not be a visual editor.
- Helen from 10up has been sponsored to work full-time on the WordPress core. Kudos to the 10up team for giving back to the WordPress community.
- WordSesh speaker lineup announced. A one day event where some of the biggest people in WordPress community worldwide speak over a 24 hour period.
- Robert’s bar trick lets you customize the list of options you have available in Jetpack.
- Brad’s bar trick is signing up to an advent calendar for WordPress code snippets.
- Dre’s bar trick was George Kordas’s reskin of the WordPress admin area.