The guest host of Episode #29 was John Hawkins.
How did the John get into WordPress?
John Hawkins is a long time web developer, WordPress enthusiast, WordCamp speaker and organizer living on the outskirts of Las Vegas with his wife and two teenage children. In 2009 John co-founded 9seeds, a custom WordPress development company.
What were they sippin’ on?
- John was sippin’ on a Sailor Jerry and Pepsi x 2.
- Dre was drinking a Diet Coke.
- Brad a lager .
- Discussed WordCamp Las Vegas, including John’s organizing experience, the sandwiches, and how the business track was received.
- WordCamp San Francisco Announced, will be October 25-26, 2013.
- WordSesh 2 Recap. 24 hour, 100% online WordPress event. So popular that they decided to run 2 tracks—over 50 speakers in 24 hours.
- Release of WordPress 3.8. Discussed the aggressive release strategies for WordPress 3.7 and WordPress 3.8.
- BuddyPress 1.9 released – was released 12/19 with new notifications API component. centralized all notifications. new widgets.
- Help buy a house for Christmas. Justin Tadlock Help me raise $5,000 in the next month if I have helped you in any way, please donate $1.
- Dre – Congrats to Tony Perez for earning his Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under the Carlson Gracie Federation.
- Brad – Make your website snow. Built into JetPack. Settings – General – Checkbox for Snow at the bottom
- John – Favorite plugin WP Time Tracker. 50% discount before 12/31 Coupon code: Drad
WordCamp Phoenix – January 17-19
WordCamp San Francisco – October 25-26
Gravity Forms sponsored Episode
Start the conversation