What They’re Sippin’ On:
- Brad: Pyramid Hefeweizen
- Dre: Maker’s Mark
- Matt: Hint Watermelon Water
- Matt takes the role of CEO. He is excited about the day-to-day aspects of running the company, growing it from 200 to 2,000 employees.
- Matt led development for version 3.8. He said it was fun to work with new people.
- Last year, Matt purchased WP Tavern because Jeff had incredible knowledge about WordPress, and it allowed for raw journalist coverage of WordPress.
- Open source projects are more of a marathon than a sprint according to Matt. Crowdfunding is only 5% of the iceberg.
- WordPress 4.0 is set to launch August 12th.
- Signup for your beta for O2.
- Dre: Sucuri SiteCheck Chrome Extension – Check any website for security issues, blacklisting and malware.
- Brad: Kick Ass – Makes spaceships in your browser and you can fly around the page and blow up site elements.
- Matt: Markdown, Jetpack has a slick markdown integration. Check it out!
- Pressnomics 3 – Venue secured
- WordCamp Philly – June 7-8th
- WP Think Tank – A panel discussion about the future of WordPress. Live Tuesday, February 25, 8pm UTC