The whopping 267 contributors to WordPress 3.9 have been working hard since Beta 1 was announced on March 11. All the creases have now been ironed out and the much-anticipated release date has arrived!
- Visual editor has been updated to improve speed, accessibility, and mobile support.
- New image-editing abilities while editing posts.
- A new drag and drop features allows you to simply drag and drop images in the editor.
- Gallery previews display a stunning grid of images in the editor.
- New audio and video capabilities.
- Live widget and header previews.
- Beautiful new theme browser.
Keeping with the tradition of naming new WordPress versions after jazz musicians, WordPress 3.9 has been called “Smith,” in honor of jazz musician Jimmy Smith.
3.9 is available for download. Alternatively, the update is available on your WordPress dashboard.
Note: Andrew Nacin is going to be on tonight’s episode of DradCast. Tune in to hear what he has to say about 3.9!
What’s your favorite update in 3.9?
Marie Dodson is an editorial assistant at Torque. She graduated from Cornell University with a degree in Biology and Society. She enjoys wine, good books, and travel.