Have a news tip or upcoming event you’d like to see in our weekly What’s New In WordPress roundup? Write us at [email protected]
WordPress Rejects 43% Of DMCAs: WordPress just published their newest transparency report, which shows that they’ve received more than 4,000 copyright notice takedown requests over the past six months. Check out Janet Jackson and other DMCA abusers in their Hall Of Shame.
WordCamp US: The first (and second) WordCamp US will be held in Philadelphia!
Yoast SEO 2.3: A name change, some premium features made free, and a suggested list of what posts could use some SEO love are all new features in Yoast SEO 2.3.
First Look At Chrome 44 For iOS: Swipe navigation and “Physical Web” might be a glimpse into the future of how we’ll use our smartphones in the future.
AutomateWoo: This is a new service for sending automated marketing for your eCommerce site. It includes several handy features like automatically sending a reminder email 24 hours after a potential customer abandons their cart.
WordPress 4.2.3 Security Update: This update addresses a cross-site scripting vulnerability and contains fixes for 20 bugs found in 4.2.
Thesis, Automattic, and WordPress: A great piece over on PostStatus that takes a well-balanced look into the history and legal battles between Matt Mullenweg and Chris Pearson.
Upcoming WordPress Events:
- July 31st-August 2nd: WordCamp Fayetteville
- August 8th: BuddyCamp Brighton
- August 15th: WordCamp Russia
- August 15-16th: WordCamp Vancouver, BC
- August 28-29th: WordCamp Norrköping
- September 5-6th: WordCamp Croatia
- September 12-13th: WordCamp Krakow
- September 12th: WordCamp Baltimore
- September 12th: WordCamp Salt Lake City
- September 19-20th: WordCamp Vegas
- September 25-26th: WordCamp Rhode Island
- September 25-27th: WordCamp Tampa
- September 26-27th: WordCamp Los Angeles
- October 30th-November 1st: WordCamp NYC
This week’s GIF Of The Week(tm):