A Day of REST, the first ever WordPress REST API conference, will be held on Jan. 28, at Conway Hall in London. The speaker line-up for the event has been confirmed.
Sessions will focus on different uses of the WP REST API and will take an in-depth look at several real-life applications. For example, Director of Engineering at Wired, Kathleen Vignos, will talk about how Wired is leveraging the WP REST API, while Automattician, Nikolay Bachiyski, will discuss how to build Calypso-like applications with it.
All speakers have direct experience using and working with the API. Here’s the current line-up:
- Ryan McCue (Human Made): Opening Remarks
- Rachel Baker (Wirecutter): TBA
- Joe Hoyle (Human Made): TBA
- Nikolay Bachiyski (Automattic): Building Calypso-like Applications With the WP REST API
- K. Adam White (Bocoup): Pay No attention To That WordPress Behind Your Application
- Jack Lenox (Automattic): There And Back Again: A Developers Tale
- Scott Taylor (New York Times): Inside Look Into The Live Coverage Platform At The New York Times
- Kathleen Vignos (WIRED): Should I Use The WordPress REST API? Ask WIRED’s “Ask a Flowchart”
- Daniel Bachhuber (Hand Built): Unlock The Potential Of The WP REST API At The Command Line
Note: Joe Hoyle and Rachel Baker are still finalizing their talks.
After the talks, put what you learned to practical use at Hack Day, hosted by Mozilla, which will follow the event on January 29 and will give conference attendees the opportunity to contribute to the WP REST API project directly. Admission to Hack Day is included with the purchase of your ticket, however, space is limited to 50 people due to venue capacity, so sign up as soon as possible.
Conferences like A Day of REST are essential for users to gain a better understanding of the revolutionary API, which is changing the future of WordPress. What better way to learn than from the people on the ground floor, the ones that built it and are using it right now.
More than half of the 250 available tickets have already been sold! Tickets are £125.00 plus fees and VAT.
Join the conversation