WordPressers, get ready. We’re back this year for Torque’s 2017 Plugin Madness, where 64 WordPress plugins will compete against each other for total plugin domination!
Based on feedback we heard last year, this year we are doing things a bit differently. We want you to nominate your favorite WordPress plugins for the chance to compete in this year’s plugin madness.
Now through February 28, go to torquemag.io/pluginmadness to nominate your favorite WordPress plugins. In March-Madness style, we’ve identified four regions — marketing, maintenance, optimization, and editorial.
Plugins must meet the follow criteria to be considered:
- Must be listed in the official WordPress.org plugin repository
- Must be compatible with the latest version of WordPress
- Must have a rating of 3+ stars
- Must have 10,000+ active downloads
- Must have been updated in the last six months
Voting will kick off on March 7. Sign up at torquemag.io/pluginmadness to receive voting reminders each week.
The voting schedule is as follows:
- March 7: The Enchanting 64 (Round 1)
- March 14: The Thrilling 32 (Round 2)
- March 21: The Supreme 16 (Round 3)
- March 28: The Exceptional 8 (Round 4)
- April 4: The Phenomenal 4 (Semi-finals)
- April 11: Championship
- April 18: Winner Announced
You will have a full week to vote on your favorite plugins in each round. Let the madness begin!