With WordPress, anyone can share their experience, their lifestyle, anything on a blog. Managing your own blog allows you to publish anything you want without boundaries. You can share your favorite recipes or share photos and stories of your travels.
Moreover, a well written and SEO friendly blog can top you on the Google ranking, however, those eyes won’t stay if you don’t have a beautiful design to entice them. Thus, it is essential that the visitors should find your blog appealing. You can achieve this by designing your WordPress blog beautifully. A well-designed blog is beneficial for you in all the aspects.
To make an amazingly designed blog the key thing is to pick the right blogging platform offering a broad range of design possibilities.
WordPress is the best ever choice!
- According to the recent research, WordPress’ share is 50-60% of the global CMS market and about 8% of the top 100 blogs are managed with WordPress.
- It is the only open-source platform that powers more than 75 million blogs and offers around 2,500 of design themes.
- Also, designing your blog in WordPress will diminish your time, efforts and money since you don’t require creating a design from scratch.
Creating an attractive WordPress blog design that will flourish in 2018, you will need to follow certain effective steps. Here we are giving a step-by-step guide to help you make a prosperous WordPress blog.
Register Your Domain Name and Setup Hosting
The first essential step is setting up hosting and registering a domain name. WordPress needs a domain name and a web server space to work. Getting a reliable host will free up your attention to security and scaling, and allow you to make the site look beautiful.
Select The Best Quality Design Theme
There are thousands of themes to choose from the WordPress repository. There is a theme for almost every site you want to create. Make sure the theme is updated often and comes with support.
Here are some of my favorites for the new year.
Once you have found and decided a WordPress design theme, before installing it you need to ensure certain points.
- Active installs
- Ratings number
- Preview the theme
- Is the theme maintained, updated, and supported by a reputable developer.
- Last updated
Use a Page Builder
It can be difficult to edit themes and make them look like the preview, using a page builder can make things easy for you. Page builders are plugins that allow you to create and customize your layout with an easy drag and drop interface without the need for coding. With page builders, you can create a unique and professional looking blog with no design knowledge.
Page Builders allow you to:
- Present your content the way you want
- Choose colors
- Make your posts unique and different from each other
- Add one or more sidebars
- Add a big call to action
Which are the best Page Builders?
Work on the Logo and Navigation Menu
The logo and navigation menu are the first two things a visitor encounters. Thus, your header should look professional and showcase what your blog is about. You also need to make sure that a visitor can effortlessly navigate your blog at any moment and search your content deeper.
Note Following Points To Set Your Navigation And Logo
- Add a clear navigation menu at the top with links to about page, contact, and services
- Include a suggestive but a concise tagline
- Try to use text-based logos
- Display social evidence
Responsive WordPress Blog Website Design
It is found that in 2007 more than 55 percent of global internet traffic is from mobile and tablet devices. Create Responsive Website from Scratch that appears beautiful on touch-based screens or smaller screens is another significant concern. Responsive Website Design is a smart design that acclimatizes itself as per the screen size of the user’s device and offers the best visual experience for visitors.
Google suggests responsive design as a better approach to configure your design since it is convenient for the user and there is no need for redirection like on other mobile solutions
Make A Fast Loading Blog
If your site isn’t fast from the start, your visitors will click off. Focus on page speed and user-friendliness by keeping everything simple in design. Your blog should be loaded within a couple of seconds.
Check Following Points for designing a simple and effective blog:
- Remove buttons, widgets, ads, pop-ups, and other distractions.
- Add buttons that have the major impact with your audience
- Use the lightweight versions in place of the official buttons
- Avoid adding unnecessary things in the first place
- Focus on quality over quantity
Create great content, follow the above steps, and make your blog design outstanding and admirable. Make sure to select an appropriate and creative WordPress theme.