Doing business is almost impossible without being on the Internet. So why do Freelancers and Agencies hear from potential clients that they don’t need a website at all?
People strive to simplify their life, so they opt for using services like Facebook Pages, Wix or Weebly. What clients don’t know is that WordPress is just as cost effective as these services, but much more scalable.
There are things that prove WordPress is better than the rest. This list is all you need to convince clients to stick with the world’s biggest CMS:
Hardening of WordPress and servers is a huge topic, but, to be honest, basic hardening against automatic attacks should not take more than 15 minutes for a mid-level WordPress Developer. Here you have some examples:
- do not use a login that is the same as the domain name
- use strong passwords for WordPress, the hosting and the database
- use separate databases for every website with a username that is different than the database name
- use a separate domain hosting providers
- use a custom table prefix
- check the source of themes and plugins
- change the default salts of WordPress Security Keys
- restrict access to some files and folders like wp-config, .php, .htaccess and readme.html
- hide the version of WordPress
- secure the WordPress login page with basic authentication or change the default path of wp-admin
- remove the XMLRPC
Services like Wix and Squarespace don’t allow you to take security into your own hands. With WordPress, you can trust a developer or host to make sure your site is being monitored every day.
The most valuable thing in backing up your site so you don’t break anything when you make changes. How to do it?
- Create it automatically
- Create it using a daily, weekly or monthly schedule.
- Check the integrity of every file, to make sure that they weren’t changed in the meantime.
- Store it outside of your server and hosting company (for example on an encrypted Amazon S3 cloud)
WordPress allows you to easily put backups into place. Because the CMS is so versatile, you can customize every piece of your site.
WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world. More than 29 percent of websites are built with it. It is created by a group of well-trained developers, which review the code every day. If they find a bug, they report it or fix it.
There is an entire team dedicated to finding and eradicating bugs on WordPress. The same can’t be said for the other options.
The dream of many site owners is to turn their personal site into a website. With WordPress, you can manage a blog or portfolio or an enterprise site, all with one platform.
WordPress websites can handle much more traffic than the other options.
These reasons and many more show that WordPress is the right choice for any client of any size. It is the only option for a full-featured, customizable, secure site.
Every business needs a website to stay relevant. If you intend to grow, you need to be on WordPress. The proof is in the 29 percent of the web already using the CMS.
Start the conversation