Editor’s Note: This post will be updated with each new group announcement.
WordCamp Europe, the biggest WordCamp in the world, is just around the corner in Belgrade, Serbia. Users gather from all over to celebrate the CMS.
Organizers have started announcing speakers in groups based on the topic they’re talking about.
Group One: Open Source and the Web
The first group was announced last week and revolves around Open Source and the Web.
- Paolo Belcastro is going to be talking about “The World of WordPress”
- David Needham will tackle, “An Intro to Drupal for WordPress Users”
- Hajj Flemings will talk about “Rebrand Cities: Crushing the Digital Divide, One Website at a Time”
- Miriam Schwab’s talk is called “Content security policies: a whole new way of securing your website that no one knows about”
- Heather Burns will discuss, “Developing for Privacy and Data Protection”
Group Two: Design
The speakers in group two are all talking about design.
- John Maeda will cover “WordPress and Inclusive Design”
- Morten Rand-Hendricksen is speaking about “The Ethics of Web Design”
- Simon Cooke’s talk is called “Origins of Design Inspiration”
- Alberto Medina and Thierry Muller will present a dual talk on “Progressive WordPress Themes”
- Joshua World is presenting “You, yes you, Need to Sketch!”
Group Three: Gutenberg
One of the biggest WordPress topics of 2018 was Gutenberg, so it makes sense WordCamp Europe dedicated an entire group to talking about it.
- Tammie Lister will cover “Anatomy of a Block: Gutenberg design patterns”
- Matias Venture, who presented about Gutenberg at State of the Word, will speak about “The Language of Gutenberg”
- The entire Gutenberg Team will be there to teach us, “Gutenberg: Creating Blocks and Extending the Editor”
- Zac Gordon’s talk is about “Block Development with React”
- Lara Schneck’s talk is called “Let’s Build a Gutenberg Block”
Group Four: A11Y and SEO
For any site to succeed it must have excellent accessibility and SEO. These speakers will make sure you have the tools to make sure that happens.
- Maja Benke will cover Accessible Design
- Rian Rietveld and Sami Keijonen will host a workshop on Testing Web Accessibility for Designers, Developers, and Content Managers
- Adrian Roselli is set to cover Prototyping Accessibility
- Joost de Valk of Yoast will speak about Technical SEO to Grow Your WordPress Business
Group Five: Personal Growth
We could all use some! Group Five deals with personal growth.
- Christina Varro is going to speak about Staying Healthy in the Digital Space
- Laura Nelson’s talk is called Easing the Anxious Mind: Dealing With Anxiety in the Work Place
- Aaron Campbell will teach us how to Succeed as an Introvert
- Sherry Walling is going to discuss Mental Health Superpowers
- Nathan Kuik will help us Go With the Flow: Increasing Mindfulness and Flow Experiences to Fight Burnout and Depression
Group Six: Development (General)
The sixth and largest group covers general WordPress development.
- Maura Teal’s talk is called The Balancing Act of Caching in WordPress
- Cate Hutson is presenting a Lightning Talk on The State of WordPress Mobile
- K Adam White will cover What We Forget to Test
- Lucas Prigge and Francesco Canovi’s Lightning Talk is called Once Upon a Time There Was a Plugin…
- Thorsten Frommen, Carl Alexander, and Giuseppe Mazzapica are hosting a Workshop on An Introduction to Unit Testing (WordPress)
Group Seven: Advanced Dev
This group of speakers is speaking to the advanced developers in attendance.
- Sean Blakeley’s talk is about When to Use the API
- Libby Barker and Michael Selander’s talk is called Press, Publish, React
- Felix Arntz will talk about Capability-Driven Development
- Alain Schlesser and David Mosterd are hosting a Workshop called Dependency Injection and Design Patterns in Real Life
- Robert Rowley is going to Make Security Simple for Plugin Developers
- Daniel Olson will host a workshop called On-Demand Dev with Docker and WordPress
Group Eight: Business and Freelance
Group eight focuses on Busines and Freelance.
- Noel Tock will tackle WordPress in 2019
- Christie Chirinos will talk about Financial Forecasting for WordPress Product Business
- Karim Marucchi’s talk is called Going from Freelancing to Building a Team
- Davide Casali will cover Mastering Feedback: You, The Team, The Product
- Mauricio Gelves is going to present a talk called Follow These 10 Steps to Become a Freelancer with WordPress
- Krešimir Končić’s talk is called Lifecyle of a WordPress Project
Group Nine: Content and Branding
Finally, the last group is made up of people discussing content and branding.
- Nela Dunato will talk about The Human-Centered Brand
- Marieke van de Rakt’s Lightning talk is called Improving Your Internal Linking Structure
- Sven Lehnert will present a Lightning Talk called How to Create User-Generated for your WordPress Website and Business
- Raffaella Isidori’s talk is called Brand Building: Theory, Tools, and Practices
- Yvette Sonneveld will cover Content Planning, How to Beat Writer’s Block Now and Forever
- Andrea Volpini is hosting a workshop called Making Websites Talk: The Rise of Voice Search and Conversational Interfaces
- Florian Gottschall is hosting a workshop called Learn Why and How to Create and Use Video for Your WordPress Website
Keynote: Matt Mullenweg
The final speaker announcement from the team was that WordPress co-founder, Matt Mullenweg, will be presenting the keynote. The talk will be an update on all things WordPress including Gutenberg.
The conference goes from June 14-16 and tickets are still on sale.
Check back here weekly for more WCEU updates!
Start the conversation