The Torque Social Hour is a weekly livestream of WordPress news and events. In this episode we talk with Nyasha Green, an Editorial Director at MasterWP, and Chris Wiegman, a Manager of Engineering at WP Engine, about the pros and cons of AI. We talk about about some WordPress plugins that are powered by AI, as well as a few recent lawsuits in the space. It was a lively conversation with a lot of great comments in the chat.
Here’s a list of topics mentioned during the show:
- AI plugins in the WordPress repository
- The Stable Diffusion Lawsuit
- An anonymous response to the SD lawsuit
- How being used as an AI training set has affected Ben Moran’s career as an artist
- Getty Images is suing Stable Diffusion too
- The ethical and legal challenges of using GitHub’s Copilot
- CNET is using AI to write articles without any fact checking
- Deepfaked Tom Cruise
- Press The Issue: AI and Open Source episode
Join us next each Wednesday from 3-4pm PST for WordPress news and interviews.