It’s not even been a full 24 hours and the core team won’t be taking a break too soon – like many times in the past, they’ll be having their post-launch meeting to discuss what happened right, what went wrong, and how they can improve any issues that have already risen to the surface.
Good product companies and businesses have these post-mortems to discover how they can improve their workflow and process – I’m always glad to see this type of thing happen and unfortunately it doesn’t happen enough with companies that build apps.
And we all can be very thankful that they do as it just makes the next version even better.
The agenda for the meeting today via IRC via #wordpress-dev on freenode @ 21:00 UTC is as follows:
- Congratulations on WordPress 3.5, everyone.
- Fallout of 3.5. How’s the support forums? Any common issues? What can we learn from plugins that broke?
- Can we help with any common issues? Can documentation (like field guide posts) help?
- Triage 3.5.1 tickets. What does our timeline currently look like?
- Discuss plans for the month of December, and 3.6.
- Stare at the download counter.
As they mention, much thanks to @nacin and @koop for their exceptional work this release.
Have you seen any issues with your WordPress 3.5 installation yet? What are they? And if so, make sure that you post it in the support forums so the team can know about it!
Start the conversation