Finally, a co-lead to Mark Jaquith has been found for the WordPress 3.6 release! Yippee! Aaron Campbell, partner and CTO of Range, is not a new-comer to WordPress and should provide an excellent source of support after having contributed for more than 5 years to core and related products.
We’re excited to see them team up together and work their WordPress magic, as we know they will. Aaron shares a few thoughts on their blog on some of the current ideas being tossed about for the 3.6 release:
- Autosave – Better auto saving, including making use of local storage, so we never lose anything ever again.
- Better diffs – when viewing the differences between post revisions, give something more user friendly (words changed, prettier output, etc)
- Post locking – current post locking is really just a notice that someone else is editing the post. We’d like to see an actual lockout with a “click to takeover” option, as well as an indicator in the posts list which posts are currently locked
- Better post format UI in admin – So users can better tell what post formats do/what they’re for
- Twenty Thirteen – The new default theme, which will hopefully highlight the functionality of post formats
- Editorial flow – Allow post updates to be submitted for review
Excited and godspeed!
Join the conversation