Want to work for one of the best companies in the world? Automattic, the company behind that blogging software that you use every single day is looking to add 60+ passionate “Automatticians” this coming year – they added 48 new ones last year:
- 19 developers/systems folk – Those who write code and make sure servers are running.
- 14 Happiness Engineers – Those who support our users in the forums and answer requests for help.
- 6 themers and designers – Those who create beautiful themes and sites.
- 8 in business and operations – Those who work internally with Automatticians and with our VIPs.
- 2 in editorial – Those who are curating Freshly Pressed, and inspiring bloggers to keep on blogging.
Bad math? I suppose as I count 49 but who cares (19+14+6+8+2=49)?!
The fact is that they are growing and you might be the right fit for their needs. What will it be like? What will it take?
As Krista mentions in terms of the lifestyle that you can expect:
We’re a distributed company: Automatticians work from home, their local coffee shop, co-working spaces — the location in the world where they’re most comfortable and productive. Our hiring pool is planet Earth.
And what does Automattic look for in terms of quality staffers?
We look for people who are willing to work hard, share their ideas, learn from their colleagues, take initiative to get things done without being told, and those who aren’t afraid to ask questions.
You might just be the right person. Apply within!
Start the conversation