Wow. Has this week been an interesting week or what? With people swirling around the GPL debate yet again there hasn’t been much else that people have been talking about – in fact, it’s generally been a fairly quiet week.
Of course, we aren’t aware of everything happening in the WordPress universe (at least not yet), but here are a few things that you’ll want to check out that we weren’t able to tackle head-on in the past 168 hours.
Enjoy your weekend folks!
1. Tips to Engage Your Users via Pingomatic
Some obvious tips that’ll get your community going via Ping-O-Matic!
2. Community Training Workshops
Whoa. There’s a lot going on and a lot of momentum that Jen Mylo is bringing in the Community section of WordPress!
3. Smarterer WordPress Challenges
A bunch of neat tests to challenge your WordPress ninja skills. Got what it takes?
Chris Lema gives a neat overview:
5. iThemes Waving the Flag for a Big 2013
I love this flag as it reminds me of Steve Jobs and his team at Apple when they decided they were going to be rebels and change the world. They end up doing just that.
6. Best Programming Language to Learn in 2013
PHP. Ain’t that something… Isn’t that what WordPress…
7. A Reminder of What 3.6 is Bringing via VIP
VIP Services reminds us (and you) what to expect in 3.6! Getting excited…!
8. Envato’s License Changed for the Worst?
ThemeShaper provides a perspective:
I simply cannot wait for this to be released.
10. New Updates from Mentorship Program
New tab coming with more info… shortly!
11. Finding the Real Client via Pressnomics
Man, have I walked through all of this and more in the past…
12. WordPress.tv Moderator Update from Week 4
Next meeting is in 4 days!
13. Documentation Handbook Update
This is going to provide a lot of value for a lot of people.
14. Lorelle Says Happy Anniversary
She shares her experience over the years.
Why not use WordPress for your wedding website?
16. Weekly Dev Chat for Mobile
For the week of January 23, 2013.
Fairly interesting implementation of how to create your own theme and then sell it.
18. Syed Balkhi Interviewed on Code Poet
That WP Beginner guy is everywhere.
19. Custom Fonts on WordPress.com
Did you forget? It’s awesome!
20. 500 Website Reviews and SEO
Yoast shares what he’s learned after 500 reviews.
21. The Herd Mentality by Tom McFarlin
Sometimes it’s better not to be one of the crowd.
22. Post Formats UI Update from 1/21/2013
Helen shares the updates from the week.
23. 3.6 Development Core Update
24. How to Run a WordPress Meetup
Part 1 is released – can’t wait for part 2.
25. Five Minutes with Tim Moore
Tim Moore is interviewed on WordPress.com:
Sara Cannon shares her thoughts via WordCamp Phoenix.
27. Mobile OS Mess
Approaches WordPress Theme Development and his perspective.
Join the conversation