Andrea Middleton has now added to that those YIRs by posting an overview of what WordCamp looked like in 2012 and provided some very neat stats which I’ve consolidated to see how much WordCamps have grown year-over-year:
2012 Compared to 2011
- Number of WordCamps: 67 in 2012 as compared to 52 in 2011 (+15)
- Number of WordCamps in the USA: 34, 25 (+9)
- Number of WordCamps outside the USA: 33, 27 (+6)
- Total Number of WordCamp Attendees: over 17,000, 13,000 (+4,000)
- Total Days of WordCamp: 102, 74 (+28)
- Number of sessions presented at WordCamps: 967, 429 (+538)
- Number of people who spoke at WordCamps: 877, 450 (+427)
- Number of companies that sponsored WordCamps: 498, 313 (+185)
- New WordCamps: 22, 15 (+7)
- The month with the most WordCamps: October, with 13 (and one BuddyCamp), 9 (in November) (+4)
- The month with the least WordCamps: December, with 1, March and April, with 1 (in 2011)
- WordCamp videos published to WordPress.tv: 445, 271 (+174)
Incredible to see. Every single # is up in every category that Andrea shares and I can only believe that this trend will continue this year.
But, it’s going to need your help if we’re going to collectively get there and there are tons of opportunities for you to volunteer and support the growing community. Check them out here.
Thanks Andrea for the update!