Michelle Oznowicz is the managing editor of Torquemag.io. She can be found on Twitter at @MichelleOz
What they’re sippin’ on:
- Michelle: Chimay
- Brad: Captain Morgan Private Stock
- Dre: Maker’s Mark
How Michelle got started in WordPress.
After a decade of (mis)adventures in Hollywood, Michelle moved back to San Francisco and started working as an writer and editor for a magazines using WordPress. On July 29th 2013, Torque launched. Michelle came on board as the managing editor of this community-driven publication to help others get involved and have a voice in WordPress media. Not every submission is accepted, but Michelle does her best to help people bring their work to the next level.
Before Torque, Michelle was involved in motion picture direction and found herself comfortable in the role of content producer.
Pressing topics of the week:
- DradCast 2.0: Excited to have Torque’s help with the show notes. People who helped make DradCast 2.0 possible: Tomas of WP Engine, Lane Holt did a great job on the archive, Seth Little did a lot of work around the refresh and the logo. Cog1 did a great job, really easy to work with. Shout to Krystal Lauk who did the caricatures.
- WordCamp Phoenix Ice Luge. There were shots poured down the luge and into the shot glass.
- Velo Media merged with Crowd Favorite. Now Crowd Favorite has acquired Pixel Jar. WordPress is becoming a mature community.
- WebDevStudios hired Sarah Pressler over the weekend. She’s an awesome person, really passionate about WordPress.
- Go Daddy announced that they are doing managed WordPress Hosting on the GoDaddy platform.
- AppPresser. If you don’t want to get into the code, you can hire the AppPresser crew to do that for you.
Shoutouts of the Week:
- @TechVoltz submitted a shoutout for Aesopstories: hosted storytelling
- Scott Basgaard wants to know why Drad is not attending WordCamp Norway.
- Ben Fox submitted a shoutout for WP University. Check it out!
- Michelle – Use the Polyvore’s “create” interface to create quick featured images for stories. It’s pretty much a collage-maker, very simple to use (and fun) and you can bring your own images into it.
- Brad – Episode #2 of the Startup Challenge by Matt Medeiros (MattReport.com)
- Dre – WordPress 3.8.1 release candidate is out.
- WordCamp Norway January 25-26
- WordCamp Atlanta March 14-15
- WordCamp Miami May 9-11
Start the conversation