Hope you guys had a great week! It’s already into March, can you believe it? We’re nearly 25% of the way through 2013. Someone pinch me, seriously, because it’s moving way too fast.
Here’s your weekly rundown of what you may have missed that wasn’t explicitly covered here on WP Daily.
Let us know if we missed anything or if we need to subscribe to a particular blog and what not!
I think you should at least take a look at #3, $22, #24, and #26. Those are must-reads, especially #24 on remote management.
1. WP Engine Review by Ryan Cowles
Title says it all.
2. Get Started with Orchestra, WordPress Plugin
What is that? It’s a plugin that helps you write other plugins.
I like the use of Gravatars here! Looks like it’s getting full already!
Following a lot of big names like jQuery it’s another tool to check out.
5. Daily Prompt
Having trouble with that blog post? Get challenged with WordPress’ daily prompt. We’ve covered it before but it’s worth reminding you. Enjoy.
6. iThemes: WordPress Meetup Strategy #3 and Meetup Strategy #4, a New Creative Director, and Tutorials Hub!
Wow, those guys over at iThemes are busy!
7. Code Poet: Lindsay Watt Interview, Shop Talk by Chris Coyier
New interview and a new podcast!
8. Chris Lema on Hiring for Integrity, Genesis and Thesis Comparison
Chris blogs like a beast. It’s hard to keep up with him!
9. WPMU on Building an App, Photoblogging, and Notice to BuddyPress Users
Interested in learning more about building an app, using WordPress for blogging photos, or in-tune with BuddyPress? WPMU’s got some updates for you.
10. Intense Debate – Comment Moderation 101
Intense Debate comes out of hibernation and blogs for the first time this year. Good one fellas. 😛
11. Create Footnotes in WordPress
You won’t have to do this all the time – in fact, most people won’t need this, but it’s neat if you do.
12. ManageWP: Zend Optimizer, Support Update
Looking to use Zend or looking for an update on how they are doing support-wise?
13. Preventing Future Client Burn
Don’t lose those valuable dollars friends!
15. The Story Behind Genericons
We covered the release here and now we’ve got some more info!
16. BinaryMoon on Design Perfection
Is it a waste of time?
17. WooThemes Updates Documentation
18. Theme and Plugin Handbook Office Hours
New and improved!
The office hours will be every Wednesday starting on 6th March:
- Plugin Development Handbook: 3pm UTC (in your time zone)
- Theme Development Handbook: 8pm UTC (in your time zone)
via Daily Post!
20. Jason Cohen and the Enterprise
WordPress? Enterprise? Yes.
21. UpThemes and Responsive Design
Sharing how they do responsive.
22. Mega Epic Awesome WordPress Resource Handbook via WPKube
Yikes. It’s big.
23. Getting Started with SASS and MySQL in the Cloud
24. Dangers of Remote Management Plugins
This is kind of a must-read.
via WooThemes. It’s neat to see this type of data.
26. WP Shout and WordPress Economics
A great read by Alex Denning.
27. Matt Report and Cory Miller
Million dollar business? Ok!
28. Interactive One Has 70 Sites with VIP
A case study of how they accomplish this.
29. WP Beginner and Dates on Blog Posts
They argue not to remove them.
30. Jake Goldman: The Core (IA) of WordPress Core
And that’s all she wrote folks!
Join the conversation