Yet another incredibly busy week for us at WP Daily and the rest of the 8BIT team – as much as we hate to admit it, we’re still somewhat recovering from WordCamp Atlanta that finished a few weeks ago – all those calls and meetings and things that we had hoped to get done were pushed back and we’re finally knocking them out, one-by-one.
But we’ll get there. I’m sure of it.
Without further ado, here’s a look at the past week and some of the stories that we weren’t able to cover explicitly:
1. It’s Like Instagram, But for WordPress, and You Own Everything
A few short weeks ago I introduced a new project called Pressgram, via Kickstarter and I’ve been working hard to share it with others and get the word out. It’s been an incredible experience and one that, in and of itself, has taught me a whole lot about marketing (I’m not a marketer…).
The Next Web gave us coverage this morning which was very awesome.
Oh, and if you haven’t seen the new amazing trailer that a friend helped create then you’ve missed out!
Thanks to those that have helped me personally with their tweets, status updates, and pledges. That means a big deal to me.
2. Meeting Matt Mullenweg and Smallest Fan
Some thoughts on what it was like to meet Matt and what the “smallest fan” means.
The site appears to be down but I’m sure they’ll get it figured out.
3. Sponsor Multiple WordCamp Events?
Yes, you sure can.
4. 3 New Partners in the VIP Program
A look at these three that just got a serious partner in Automattic.
He shares his reasoning why.
Yet another comparison via WPMU.
7. A Review of WordCamp San Diego
James Dalman has the scoop.
via Tom McFarlin
10. Interview with Drew Strojny
Code Poet shares it with us!
11. PNG Optimization Online and Local
12. Common Function Names to Avoid
Now this is very, very handy.
13. Trackback Death?
Fight against it…?
… that will keep you up at night. You need a blog. Seriously.
15. Lessons Learned from Organizing a WordCamp
David Bisset has organized a handful and he’s sharing his experience for the betterment of future camps!
ManageWP shares their philosophy on hiring for a startup.
17. Thoughts on Cross-Platform Mobile UX Design
Innovate or follow existing guidelines?
They’ve been sharing their secrets to how to run a great meetup. They’re continuing their series!
19. Interview with Travis Ketchum founder of Contest Domination
Watch the video interview here:
20. Are you an Arrogant Software Developer?
Don’t be. Please.
Everyone could be reminded of these great tactics.
22. Designing for the Retina Display
Great lessons learned here.
23. Twenty Thirteen Project Update
This theme is causing a lot of people to pause… for good reason.
24. Retina and Scalable Icons!
25. Photographers and Portfolios on WP.com
A look at a few great examples.
26. Documentation and Lessons from Drupal
27. Google and the Right Page Title?
What’s going on? Oh, it’s Google.
28. No to No UI
This incredible piece was referred by Matt.
30. Proper Way to Instantiate a WordPress Plugin
Tom McFarlin opens the conversation.
31. Host Private Videos with Amazon S3
Chris Lema (not leema, lema) shares his thoughts.
32. Horizontal Scrolling in a Mobile World?
33. 11 Phases of a Web Developers Career
And… it starts here:
34. Content Planning for the Month
Love this. Love this!
35. Economics of Selling Themes
A look at how to be profitable.
36. User Feedback for Documentation
Anything else from this past week folks?
Have a great weekend!
Join the conversation