This is your WordPress weekend roundup – blog posts that we couldn’t entertain fully in the past week but that might still be worth your time.
We spend our weekend curating this list so that you don’t have to! We hope that by spending a few hours (or more than a few hours) that we save hundreds if not thousands of our own community’s time!
It is an opportunity we can’t pass up! And at this point we’ve done over 20 of these at this point!
Ready? Here we go!
This interesting app helps you follow all your favorite blogs and even discover a few new ones. Worth a look perhaps.
More survey action that looks really great.
Chris Lema is going to give you one. Neat concept!
Interesting hack. Be careful at those conferences!
5. Design Trends, Windows Phone 8, Facebook Redesign, and Content Ownership
Morten Rand-Hendriksen on Authored Content, Episode 16.
6. Restrict Content Pro – Member Discount for Easy Digital Downloads!
Rockin! Oh yeah. Read more here!
Matt Thomas intros us to the full 1.0 of the very interesting MP6 plugin! Another point to learn more is via Make.WordPress.UI.
8. W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache Still Being Targeted
Sucuri is a leader in WordPress security. Trust them.
9. Ryan Duff on the Matt Report
The black cap looks so impressive.
10. Nathaniel Schweinberg: What the Git!
via WordCamp Atlanta baby!
Another great interview with one of 10up’s engineers!
12. Thoughts on Making Translation a Priority
A great perspective here.
Another perspective via ManageWP. We shared ours here.
15. Drew Jaynes on Revisions Help Tab
It’s always neat to see how these things are being developed out!
16. 6 Simple Tips to Learn CSS for WordPress
Might be a great place to start if you’re considering a new career this year! We’ve got killer tips on how to get into Web Development by the way.
17. Seisuke Kuraishi Interview
via the wonderful Code Poet!
18. Curtis McHale Shares His thoughts on Ghost
Lots of stuff going on about this new Ghost Platform. Curtis weighs in.
19. WooThemes Hiring Support Ninjas!
Join one of the biggest WordPress shops out there!
20. Scoping Standard Theme for WordPress 3.6
Our thoughts on how we’re preparing our core product for the new 3.6 release.
21. How to Split Large XML Files in WordPress
This is definitely worth a bookmark if you ever have to do this, which I’ve done more than a few times. Ugh!
22. Enhance Your Photography – 10 Steps
Something a bit different in this roundup. Why not.
23. 15 of the Latest Free and Premium WordPress Sliders
via WP Lift. Also, have you checked out their Theme Furnance lineup of themes?
24. Automattic’s Hidden Tricks
Since Daniel Bachhuber left Automattic he’s been able to share a few things that he’s experienced while being there.
25. Case Study: BBC America on WordPress
26. What Twitter Can Teach You About WordPress
I’m a huge Twitter user so this was neat to review.
27. Thoughts on Open Sourcing Competition
We live in this strange world where we actively promote our “competitors” – glorious.
Dustin Curtis, founder of Svbtle blogging network, shares some thoughts on making fun of new ideas that eventually kill it.
Haven’t we all…?
29. WordPress 10th Anniversary Blogging Project
Dougal Campbell takes the 10th anniversary personally. I dig.
By the way, are you coming to our amazing party in Atlanta? PLEASE! It’ll be awesome!
30. Your Stats: More Than Just an Ego Boost
A great reminder here.
31. 5 Security Tips in 7 Minutes
This rapid-fire video lessons by iThemes (and makers of BackupBuddy) will hook you up!
32. Content Curation via ManageWP
Love this how-to.
33. Bootstrap Toolbox – Tools, Utilities, and More
We love Bootstrap here at WP Daily. Love this tools roundup.
34. Aaron Holbrook of A7 Web Design
Interview at the Matt Report.
35. Gravity Forms Quiz Add-On v1.1 Released
Don’t forget our own Hello Dolly podcast!
37. Create Your Own WordPress Editor Buttons
A nice guide via WP Tuts!
38. Towards a Partial Page Templating System
Thanks Mr. Thomas McFarFarFarFarFar.
41. Dave Donaldson of Max Foundry
via Matt Report… does that guy do anything other than interview people?
42. One Year in Core
Jon Cave shares his thoughts of 12 months of contributions.
43. Validation and Sanitization in the Customizer
44. The Future of New Yorks Times’ WordPress Blogs?
Brian Krogsgard brings up some thoughts.
45. WordPress for Rapid Application Development?
Again, Mr. Thomas McFarlin.
46. Hub Introduces Git to GitHub
47. Open Clip Art
A neat free resource.
48. uCast – Self Managed Mobile Apps for Groups
49. Typesafe – Reactive Application Software
An interesting tool for sure with a very large client list.
50. Pressgram Continues Development
I’m continuing to work on my iOS app that will connect to WordPress blogs and even demo 2 videos this past week of the work so far. Here’s the latest:
And that’s it for your weekly roundup!
Join the conversation